Crooks in Cahoots with Massage Parlors

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Crooks in Cahoots with Massage Parlors

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Contributed by Stella Spawton:

Your scam page is very interesting. This is what happened to me last week.

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, the withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Re: Crooks in Cahoots with Massage Parlors

Postby mrzapata on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:40 am

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, the withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000.

Looks like your "partner" was visiting massage parlours :roll:

He, assuming it is a he, "stole" your bag when you were distracted, hid it, then pretended to think it was stolen when you noticed it was gone. All along he was trying to cover his tracks since he had spent all your money in a massage parlour the previous day.

Case closed.
mrzapata

Postby ravalyeyo on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:39 pm

mrzapata wrote:

He, assuming it is a he, "stole" your bag when you were distracted, hid it, then pretended to think it was stolen when you noticed it was gone. All along he was trying to cover his tracks since he had spent all your money in a massage parlour the previous day.

Case closed.

Oh dear oh dear! @Stella - any updates on this¿?
ravalyeyo

Postby HenryP on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:17 pm

KOVAKS wrote:Contributed by Stella Spawton:

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, there's a review of the Jes Extender right here that you should read then. The withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000.

It's very possible. A lot of massage parlors are run by shady people. You just need to be super careful and trust no one when it comes to your purse or belongings.
Last edited by HenryP on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryP

Postby ronniecarlton on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:03 am

mrzapata wrote:

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, there's a review of the 3 Week Diet at http://fitnessbond.com/ that you should read. The withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000.

Case closed.

You nailed it spot on, man. Stella's silence confirms that.
ronniecarlton

Postby Skyler19 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:27 am

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go just buy phenq at amazon home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, the withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000.

This is so messed up, my brother faced a similar incident in Bangkok last year although he was lucky and was able to cancel his cards before they could do anything
Last edited by Skyler19 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skyler19

Postby aimeusdietger on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:09 pm

We've just returned from Barcelona. I had my handbag stolen from a The Tucan Bar, a very small bar just behind Placa Real. It was on a hook attached to the bar in front of me with my coat over it and I was on a bar stool - my partner was next to me. I went to go home at 2 am and my bag was not there. I cancelled my cards the next morning but the strange thing was although my bag had been stolen on the 8th, the withdrawals from my credit cards had been made on the 6th and 7th at a place called ARUAL (my credit card company tells me it's a massage parlour!!) I don't know how the withdrawals had those dates unless they were taken from my wallet earlier than my bag had been stolen, but I don't think so. Anyway, the police were very helpful and the credit card companies, but the thieves had managed to take out £6,000. check out Ultra Heavy Duty Drawer Slides | browse glissiere telescopique here | get to know Texas GIS Data Download | this is how to get rid of anxiety forever

That's horrible and weird at the same time because of the dates. My friend had an almost similar experience in Barcelona but in her case she actually visited a massage parlour and her bag got stolen. She had about three different cards but luckily only one had its money taken (the one with the least amount of money).
aimeusdietger

Return to Barcelona Scams