Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - The Prat-Sants Gypmeister Express

The Prat-Sants Gypmeister Express

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

The Prat-Sants Gypmeister Express

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Contributed by Malcolm Peddar:

I lost a rucksack as I was travelling by lefthand door of train from the airport to Sants . (Main station in Barcelona). I has a suitcase and coats with me as well.

Seemed to be surrounded on train by fellow travellers apart from one man in his 40's sitting opposite with a beard and hat. He seemed to be helping a visitor with directions rather than waiting for a victim.

There are two stops before Sants. The train stopped at Bellvitge. This has an island platform. The man tried to open the wrong door by me --- so I tried to send him using a hand tap, to correct door, which he went to. He also had some small denomination coins which he looked as if he might drop. Found my rucksack down by me feet had gone as we were pulling into Sants. Other travellers said a man had come down gangway and picked up my bag at Bellvitge and left. There was another train leaving Bellvitige on the other side of the island platform, so they may have used that.

Fortunately service at the Sants Station Police Office was efficient once you find it and I had a stamped and completed loss form within 30 minutes of the theft. For the record, the Police Office is on left side of station near a metro entrance and escalators down to platform one from the Roadlies/Regional transfer area.

On my return journey through Sants Station I found there was a man "helping people" with the ticket machines. Not far away was the man who could do the grab and run whilst you were distracted. Security moved him away from the machines, but not out of the station once or twice.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams