Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - The Drop Cigarette & the Ramblas "Large" Drink Scam

The Drop Cigarette & the Ramblas "Large" Drink Scam

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

The Drop Cigarette & the Ramblas "Large" Drink Scam

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Contributed by Claverie:

My wife and I can't thank you enough for your website. Because of your website my wife and I were able to foil a robbery attempt made on us. We returned yesterday from Barcelona.

We were on the escaltor going up at the Para.lel. Before us on the escalator was a man and behind us was another. Yep, you guessed it. At the top of the escalator the first man "dropped" his cigarettes. My wife and I reacted immediately. I jumped to his side before he could bend all the way over and my wife gave him a good push from behind. He almost fell over. Then she jumped to the side. They could see that we were prepared to deal with them. (Believe me, nobody wants to deal with my wife when she is mad and she was furious). His accomplice knew that the game was over and they disappeared.

Really though, the worst scams are the legal ones.

We went to a place called Mickeys on the Ramblas. We looked at the menus and ordered. It looked a little pricey but we figured that if you want to sit at a terrace on the Ramblas then you can expect to pay for it. The waiter then asked what we wanted to drink. We ordered Sprite and he asked, "Large or small?" "Large", we said. The Sprites appeared in at least liter sized glasses filled with ice cubes. There was some Sprite(?) in the glasses too. We paid ?11.25 apiece for the sodas. We didn't like it but who can you complain too at 9PM on a friday night? The lesson we learned (again) is ask the price before you order anything!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams