Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - A Bizarre Incident with an Attractive Lady

A Bizarre Incident with an Attractive Lady

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

A Bizarre Incident with an Attractive Lady

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Contributed by Gill on 11 September 2005:

Hi Terry !!

Here goes - Is it a scam, isn't it a scam?? My gut instinct tells me it was very much so, but the full extent of the sting involved - I just don't know to this day ??

My boyfriend and I decided to hire bikes to travel quickly and easily around Barcelona. We only wore our travel purses around our necks, tucked away into our trousers and never carried any bags, just in case. It felt quite safe and on the odd occasion where we saw 'dubious' characters we just cycled away. We were warned never to take our eyes off the bikes even when they were locked, as it was quite easy for a thief armed with the right tools, to snip the lock and steal the bikes. Finally upon returning the bikes to the bike shop, which was close to the 'Llacuna' Metro Station, I lingered about in the shop looking at clothing whilst my patient boyfriend waited outside. Finally when I came out of the shop, a very attractive young dark haired 'French girl' was talking to him. She had stopped to blow her bicycle tyres up at the shops pump (By the way, my boyfriend had helped her with the pump and told her that her tyres didn't need any air!). When I came out of the shop, she was bending over towards him displaying her full cleavage in her low cut t-shirt, right under his face, as she was tightening her wheel valves. She was surprised to see me, as she had assumed my boyfriend was alone. Immediately she introduced herself as a French student who was studying psychology in the university. (Strange she didn't sound French to me!). She had already managed to ask my boyfriend where he was staying and told him there was a very nice apartment up the road if he wanted to stay in the city longer and the rates were very good.

As he explained their earlier conversation to me, my curiosity got the better of me and I said that I wished to see the apartments, as we needed to find another hotel. How strange from when our journey commenced, how the apartments changed from good and reasonable accommodation, to rooms run by an older couple but when we finally got there (Two/three blocks up from the bike shop, possibly on Almogàvers), it seemed that it was shared rooms in an apartment two floors up, in a very very old rundown building, with a very dubious Peter Sutcliffe look alike (Black curly hair, looked like a gypsy and extremely dirty looking), as the resident landlord. The rooms were something from the 1920's and the bare mattresses could have belonged to a Youth Hostel from decades before! He could not speak English, but she told us that people were desperate for these rooms for rent and could we make our minds up soon. After a quick look about the apartment (which had no locks on any of the doors, dirty kitchen and grimy bathroom) I promised to phone her soon with our decision and we quickly left. Unfortunately I ripped the mobile number up that she had given me, with the 'rates' on (18 euros per person per night). Now to this day I am not sure if she was a prostitute plying for trade and using this accommodation for such a purpose OR did they plan for us to move in complete with luggage, to then change the front door lock and steal our possessions. All I know is that she changed her friendly manner to one of a sense of urgency as she saw our disinterest in her plan. We had never felt under threat with these people at any time, just the whole incident felt so bizarre. Has anybody else come across such an incident? I would LOVE to know!!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams