Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Another "Stain" Scam Variation

Another "Stain" Scam Variation

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Another "Stain" Scam Variation

Postby KOVAKS on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:25 am

Contributed by John Doran on 12 May 2006:

Recently visited Barcelona to visit with our daughter who is attending University

Had a great visit and loved the city

One morning at 10 am my wife and I were walking 4 blocks east of Passeo de Gracia on Calle Valencia (a toney neighbourhood) when we were splattered with a brownish liquid from behind or above.A well dressed middle aged man emerged from an apartment building and offered to help us clean our clothes in his apartment-I declined his kind offer which was thoughtfully offered several times-I was a bit suspicious informing him that our hotel was close by and angrily shuffled off

Within two minutes as I was returning to the hotel three well turned out individuals asked for directions in French producing a map suggesting they were lost-I obliged and they were off

Having read some of the stories you have posted I am convinced that we were targets and happily escaped being victimised Having read in the guide books to be wary of pickpockets in Barcelona I purchased and wore a concealed cloth wallet worn under my pants with one credit card and a some cash
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams