Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Jostled on the Metro in Barcelona-Sants

Jostled on the Metro in Barcelona-Sants

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Jostled on the Metro in Barcelona-Sants

Postby KOVAKS on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Contributed by Gavin Nachbar on August 21, 2008:

Just wanted to tell you that you website really helped me out in Barcelona. I am 16 years old and was in Spain for a month with a teen group, and traveled with my mom for a week afterwards. We decided to take a train from Zaragosa to Barcelona and as we were arriving, I gave my mom a speech on how Barcelona was notorious for pick-pocketers. After making out way down the long stairways to the metro stop at Barcelona-Sants, we arrived at our platform, where I again warned my mom about the people.

As we got on the metro, I saw a lady jostling my mom. If I had not read your site, there is no way I would've known what was taking place. I thought of everything I had read, and went and straight armed the lady in the stomach to get her off. She was very taken aback, and ran away yelling "perdon, perdon."

I thought I had stopped what was going on, but unfortunately, they were two of them, and they were able to snatch out passports and a bag with what was luckily only 5 euros in cash.

Just wanted to say thanks for the warning, as my mom easily could've lost her bag which would have been a complete disaster because of all the information it had (hotels, airplanes, etc.)

And I have a question that I was wondering if you could answer. Without the crime in Barcelona, I can't imagine a more perfect city. Why hasn't there been anything done to stop this? They explained at the police station that more than something like 400 euros needed to be stolen, or all they could do was give them a slap on the wrist.

Why wouldn't they want to make Barcelona more appealing to tourists?

Thanks again!
Gavin
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams