Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Robbed... Kindness kills

Robbed... Kindness kills

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Robbed... Kindness kills

Postby KOVAKS on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:06 am

Contributed by Sebastian Müller on July 8th, 2008:

I've been robbed. On the way back from the airport, a family of three approached me and inquired about some address, which I gave. I've been too nice, explaining them over and over (in various languages) how they can get to their destination. The family father thanked me, gave me his hand and boarded the next bus. Immediately, I checked my bags, my backpack as everone should always do after or while talking to somebody. The top compartment of my backpack was open, which is very, very difficult to access. My wallet, almost €400, all credit and bank cards, IDs, licenses....well, all gone.
What struck me the most that this is happening to me. After such a long time in Barcelona, I though that I have somewhat of a "gangster-radar". Must have been mistaken.

Here is my advice: If you still decide to come to Barcelona, don't carry cash, cards....nothing. Carry a bottle of beer and that's it. Don't talk to people. You will not be able to distiguish a fellow tourist from a local or a pickpocket.
And if there are some people around you that leave a weird impression, run for the next safe place. Kindness kills in Barcelona!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams