Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Possible Laced-Drink

Possible Laced-Drink

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Possible Laced-Drink

Postby KOVAKS on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:24 am

From Ray & Wendy on November 23rd, 2006:

I noticed that my Barcelona scam had not be entered to your site, well in case you did not receive the e-mail here it is again because I can't ever go back to Spain again.

My wife and I flew to Barcelona from the UK for a 4-day short break holiday and arrived in Barcelona on the 24th November 2005, both of us have travelled all over the world without any problems. The first two days were fine and we went to most of the popular tourist attractions including the Picasso Museum on Saturday 26th November 2005 after that we decided to go for a meal along a side street just off La Ramblas called "Venus".

We still can't remember leaving that restaurant and we believe that we had both been drugged as we could remember everything until we took a sip of a particular drink.

I next remember waking up finding my wife face down unconscious in a dark alley, with no money, credit cards, and camera all gone. I also had no money and was very disoriented. I felt we were in danger and tried to carry her into a better area, which was very difficult. As I carried her into a main street the police arrested me and locked me in jail for 3 days in a cell with 6 other prisoners. I could not contact anyone, was not allowed a telephone call and when I asked what had happened to my wife they mocked me and showed a women performing sexual acts on a cell phone. I was not given a translator until I went to court on 28th November 2005, fortunately I was set free because the judge could not understand why my wife and my statements matched and the police didn't and the judge order that the police check to see if maybe that had been mistaken. They had no interest in the mugging or us being drugged and are still trying to convict me, so the real criminals are still free.

We went straight to a hospital in the UK to disprove their allegations that I had beat her up, took photos as she had not and also informed our embassy and MP what had happened. But Spanish law is very strange and they can take up to 2 years to make a dissension and can also hold you in a Spanish jail for that time without a charge or trial, so travellers beware.

Ray & Wendy
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams