Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Thieves in the Bushes

Thieves in the Bushes

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Thieves in the Bushes

Postby KOVAKS on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:40 am

Contributed by Mariska ter Mull-Koops on September 23, 2006:

In the last year I've visited the beautiful city twice. First in November with my parents, my brother, my husband and my daughter. The only act of streetcrime we've noticed were two gipsy girls who took the phone of an English man who was on it while he was walking. The girls took the phone and walk off with it. The man walk to the girls and he could take his phone back, but he was just in time or the girls were away with it.

Last september I was in Barcelona with my best friend. We came on Thursday and we left on Monday. Untill Sunday we had only seen the sceem with the cups on the Rambla. But on our last night we went to see the beautifull fountains at Plc. Espanya. When that was over we went down the stairs and we walked past two older ladies. When we were at the end of the stairs we heared a scream. When we looked back those older ladies where mugged. A guy jumped out of the bushes, took the bag and jumped bag. There was nothing anyone could do.For me this was an dreadfull experience, I didn't sleep that night.
Despite of this experience I'm still in love with this beautifull city. For anyone who wants to visit Barcelona I have the following advise: BEWARE OF YOUR BELONGINGS!! KEEP YOUR BAG IN FRONT OF YOU!! When you take care of that, you will have a great time at Barcelona!

I hope that people will read your site before going to Barcelona!!

Greetings Mariska ter Mull-Koops
Holland (visited Barcelona 18-11-2005 till 21-11-2005 and 7-9-2006 till 11-9-2006)
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams