Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - A Barcelona Native Explains the Crime Problem

A Barcelona Native Explains the Crime Problem

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

A Barcelona Native Explains the Crime Problem

Postby KOVAKS on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 am

Contributed by Xavier on August 25th, 2006:

First off, i'd like to comment that this massive levels of scams started at the late 90s, with the globalization.

Of course, prior to that there was criminality as well, but in a much lower level. When I was a teen it was odd to experience something ugly, now it's the every day bread.

Secondly, I'd dare to say that 90 per cent of the perpretators are foreigners: Moroccans, Romanian gysies, South Americans are the hard core groups.

So, it's clearly a poitical problem: If you commit the most insignificant crime in the USA you get deported in no time, here people who don´t even speak Spanish are arrested over and over and they go back to the streets soon.

A change in the laws is clearly in need. People think in "petty crime" as in something soft, since there is not violence involved. This is nonsense. A petty criminal sooner or later will climb the ladder of crime until end up commiting serious crimes.

Other reports state that stolen money from pickpockets ends up funding terrorists groups like Al-Queda.

And then the personal damage. A person mugged will remember this incident for the rest of his life, will sour his character, and even create a trauma.

People penniless, without IDs, passports, air tickets, in the other side of the world, how will this people remember Barcelona?

So, it's good to find websites like your's, I wil try to comment it on my friends to try to spread it as much as possible.

I have been involved in all kind of petty crime incidents. I use to go to the internet cafes EasyEverything, there is one in Ramblas, other next to Cataluña Plaza, and every 5 minutes a pickpoket steals a bag there .It's like an open field for those predators.

Each time I try to warn the victim I get some agressive reaction from the pickpocket, it's amazing nobody does anything about it.

Saludos,

Xavier.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Re: A Barcelona Native Explains the Crime Problem

Postby katelara on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 am

What a sham. Once you know what's going on, it's incredible to watch these people. If you get up early enough, you'll see them arrive. They bring the Mona Lisa rolled up under their arm. They lay it out in a prominent place on the sidewalk and then tape it down. Then they sit by it ALL DAY with that incredibly good suffering-artist look, always about to add a little color here or there, pausing, considering, choosing another color etc. Perhaps they do deserve your money for being such great fakes, but certainly not for being artists.
katelara

Return to Barcelona Scams