Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - The Infamous Soccer/Football Move Scam

The Infamous Soccer/Football Move Scam

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

The Infamous Soccer/Football Move Scam

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Contributed by mobile1:

I, too, was a victim in the Ramblas. This event occurred in broad daylight. 2 young men walked up to me, smiling, one guy wearing a nylon sports outfit, and started to say something regarding "Futbol", which got my attention since I play soccer and know that soccer is really popular in Spain. He proceeded to show a soccer-like move (a ball-dribble move), which put his body close to mine. This quickly alerted my instincts, as well as my friend. In a matter of seconds, I saw my wallet dangling from my jeans. Fortunately, I was wearing a wallet with a chain connected to my belt loop. Having noticed that the wallet wouldn't budge, he left with his partner and brazenly approached an older couple. At this time I was just astonished at the boldness with which they try to commit this crime. This was my first time in Barcelona and this experience has really soured me. Can the US State Department do something about this?
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams