Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Wailing, Crying & Pieces of Cardboard

Wailing, Crying & Pieces of Cardboard

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Wailing, Crying & Pieces of Cardboard

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Contributed by Martin Broadley:

I've just stumbled across your page and could not believe my eyes! I was trying to find a street map of Barcelona in order to find the Pellicer Joyeria Hospital because the thieves of my wife's VISA card used it there to the tune of UKL398.20.

Here is my story of 13th January 1999.

My wife and I were just off La Ramblas near the Cathedral when we were approached by two gypsy looking women wailing and crying. They were holding large pieces of cardboard with writing on and begging for money. One started bumping into me and the other focussed on my wife. Needless to say, my wife's purse (complete with VISA card and cash) was taken from her handbag which was zipped, secured by a flap and press-stud and carried across the front of her body. She felt nothing and the whole episode took less than 30 seconds. Within two hours, the credit card was fraudulently used at the Pellicer Joyeria Hospital and her signature was badly forged. Most places in Spain don’t even bother to check that signatures tally with the one on the card. No wonder there are so many robberies on the streets. The local police had a massive file of photos of suspects. Barcelona is a beautiful city, but until the police find a way of cracking the problem my advice is "stay away".
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams