Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Newspaper Hands Cover & Blocked on the Escalator

Newspaper Hands Cover & Blocked on the Escalator

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Newspaper Hands Cover & Blocked on the Escalator

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Contributed by Ryland Scott:

We arrived Barcelona last Friday, August 20th, 1999. On Saturday, near the Cathedral, three young women came rushing up to us with newspapers extended and speaking in Spanish. They had us cornered before we knew it. I had my wallet and passport in a "fanny pack" around to my front. I quickly thought and pushed the newspaper down and away and found that they had already unzipped my fanny pack but I was fast enough to keep them from getting anything from us. They retreated and awaited the next victim.

On Sunday, we were transferring from the Northbound L4 line at the Verdaguer Station. In front of us on the up escalator a tall man dropped his cigarette at the top of the escalator. He bent over, then grabbed hold and would not let me pass. As soon as I passed I grabbed for my wallet and passports which were in my back buttoned pocket and they were gone. I yelled as load as I could "Police - Police". A young woman behind us pointed out the man who had put my wallet in his pocket. The blocker and the pick pocket looked at us and smiled as if saying what is bothering you. TMB security then quickly approached from down some adjoining stairs which lead to an exit at which time my wife grabbed the man that had our wallet and I went after the "blocker" who started running when security approached. In the chase he got away however he dropped his back pack which I turned over to security. The first security guard had quickly apprehended the man with our wallet and passports and gave them back to us. Security did not speak any English however a passerby translated that he wanted to know if we wanted to press charges. We said absolutely yes. TMB Security did a great job!

This took about two hours as we awaited for the Barcelona Police to arrive, we went with them to the police station, and we answered their questions and filled out the forms. We saw them take our pick pocket off in handcuffs. Hopefully he will be off of the streets for awhile.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams