Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Another One Blocked on the Escalator

Another One Blocked on the Escalator

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Another One Blocked on the Escalator

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Contributed by Eric Enholm:

Not sure if you are still updating your page on Barcelona scams, but here is one that I have seen twice, 3 years apart. On the escalator coming up from the metro, two young men, one in front, one in back. At the top of the escalator, man in front pretends to stumble, drop something, etc., causing you to stop, man in back picks pocket and both are gone.

The first time, I was with a group and we were scattered on the escalator. The victim realised what had happened and grabbed the theif, who dropped the wallet and ran. The victim picked up the wallet and after a few seconds opened it and noticed that the theif had already taken out the cash.

The second time, I was alone, and noticed the scenario, so I turned sideways on the escalator, back to the railing. (not that I had anything in my back pocket worth taking ) Sure enough, at the top, the guy in front of me dropped something and paused for a second, but the guy behind me muttered something to him in catalan and he quickly picked it up and they were off, glancing back at me, grinning at them.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams