Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - (Un)friendly Helpers

(Un)friendly Helpers

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

(Un)friendly Helpers

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Contributed by Judith Thomas-Crusells:

I was just reading your page about the streets scams of BCN (you've got a cool "pedagogical" web page here, mate!) and I felt like I could contribute with another experience.

I am living in Helsinki (Finland) due to work reasons but I am from Cambrils (Tarragona). Last Christmas holidays I went to visit my family. Usually when I go there first I spend at least one day with my sister who lives in BCN and then we take a train down to Cambrils. That time we took the train at Passeig de Gràcia Station. I was carrying a big suitcase with me. When the train arrived, there was the usual crowd near the doors and, because I am from BCN and I am suppose to know that people use to get robbed at this precisely moment when they are about to get into the train, I was holding my suitcase and I wait for being the last one getting in. But somehow I forgot to check on my backpack..( I know, I know.First rule: never put your wallet in a backpack.) When it was my turn to get into the train a Moroccan guy asked me very politely if I wanted him to help me with the suitcase. While I was saying "no thanks, it's ok" and he was still insisting to help just to keep me busy and distracted, a black guy tried to take my wallet from my backpack. I swear I never noticed him behind me. I didn't even see him. But a girl from the station saw what was happening and started to shout. Then I turned over and caught the guy with his hand already holding my wallet. I pushed him away and somehow he dropped the wallet and started running along with the other guy. Everything happened in few seconds and this time I was lucky.Then the ticket inspector came and told me that they know those two guys but they're so good in vanishing and they haven't been caught up yet!! So, if anyone is planning to take a train in BCN check out if you see a thin and tall Moroccan-looking guy with glasses and a round-faced black guy nearby...and don't be as naive as me and hang your backpack on your chest instead!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams