Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Fake Baby Scam

Fake Baby Scam

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Fake Baby Scam

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Contributed by Sandy Scott:

I was in Barcelona for 2 days before cruise. Walking the Ramblas at 10 in morning looking for an optometrist to repair glasses, I was approached by gypsy woman carrying a flat box in one hand and a wrapped up "baby" in the other. It was chilly and I was wearing a carcoat with front unzipped, a fanny pack zipped and in one hand I had a plastic bag with articles bought at pharmacy (mirror and brush). the woman pushed the box against me under my bust and begged for money for the baby. I asked to see the baby and she said NO. I said NO loudly and backed off from her. She kept pushing me and I turned and walked across the street to where the flower stands were. A vendor had watched and said to me "No baby, just rope, be careful". Then the gypsy was back with my mirror, brush, room key and 2 pairs of glasses in her hand. She said I had dropped them on the sidewalk and wanted a reward for returning them. Now she had retrieved them from my fanny pack (zipped) and the plastic bag (in my right hand). She could not get to my wallet because it was in the bottom and too large for fanny pack and she would have had to wiggle it out rather vigorously which I would have felt. I screamed "BASTA", the vendor screamed "POLITZIA" and she left. I usually travel with a metal whistle around my neck and when I feel the least uncomfortable in a situation, I blow as loud as I can. People usually ignore a yell, but a shrill whistle gets everyone's attention. I will be going back to Barcelona soon WITH MY WHISTLE. This woman works the street everyday according the flower vendor. I you see her, don't let her within 10 feet of you. She is GOOD.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams