Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Violent Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

Violent Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Violent Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Contributed by Valerie Sutton:

Having returned from Barcelona a week ago, I pulled up your website on street scams today. In my case, violence DID result. It was about 11 p.m. on 6/25/00 and my husband and I were walking back to our hotel after a lovely dinner at Los Caracoles on Escudellers. I was being "careful", having my bag in front of me with the shoulder strap across my body. Next thing I knew I was face down on the street, spitting blood, with 4 loose and broken upper teeth. The purse snatcher (we think there were 2 of them) had apparently knocked me to the ground in hauling the bag off over my head. The police were very helpful and took me to the hospital for head X-rays. We were able to leave town a little later than planned the following day, and I am now sporting a set of orthodontic braces on my broken upper teeth in an attempt to reposition the loose ones, with plenty more dental work ahead of me. Needless to say we had too many documents in the bag, and will know in future to leave most of them in the hotel safe. My advice would be not to even carry a purse in the evening if you can avoid it -- just put a few essentials in a pocket. The thieves didn't know whether my bag contained valuables or only make-up, etc. but that didn't deter them from robbing me.

PS The rest of our visit to Catalunya was great.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams