Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - More Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

More Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

More Bag Snatchers on Escudellers

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Contributed by Jannie de Vries:

Hi there,

10 days ago I was in Barcelona with my sister. We had walked along The Ramblas and it was very busy, on a sunday, so we went into another street; The Carrer dels escullers. As we had walked that street for a bit, we were starting to feel uncomfortable somehow, later I thought that must have been because we had been watched. Just after that, a boy of about 15 years old came straight at me, tore a little bag that I had attached to a leather strap around my waist off me (I had no idea it could come loose like that, he really had to pull vigorously a few times) and ran off with it. It contained my money, credit card, passport. I got so angry, that I went after him. Then number 2 came out of the crowd, ran after me and let me fall. My sister saw it happening, that of the second person coming. Luckily they didn't take one of our rucksacks! I had bruises on my legs, and my trousers tore of the fall. We went to the police, but they couldn't care less. Us tourists are welcome to spend our money there, but we shouldn't expect anything back.

Compared to for instance Lisbon, where we went last year, I found the people of Barcelona very unfriendly on the whole.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams