Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Postcards ... from a Thief

Postcards ... from a Thief

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Postcards ... from a Thief

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Contributed by Marek Fodor:

One new neat trick that I've seen recently (in a Borne restaurant) was tried by a guy who tries to sell you some postcards with a note describing his bad situation). He leaves them on the table and later comes to collect money or take the postcards back. Funny thing, he always puts it on top of a mobile phone. He then stays by the table for quite a long time trying to talk you to buying the postcard, all the time having his hand over it. Eventually you decide just to ignore him. He then takes the postcard (with your phone) and casually walks away.

I have seen lots of the metro and escalator guys in action. (Sants, Espanya). Mostly Magrebies. I actually thought it would be cool to photograph them in action. Next time I see them I will send you some picture, ok?
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams