Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Gypmeisters Come in All Colors & Creeds, but all "dip" hands

Gypmeisters Come in All Colors & Creeds, but all "dip" hands

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Gypmeisters Come in All Colors & Creeds, but all "dip" hands

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Contributed by Peter M - UK:

I've just returned from Barcelona and I'd just like to warn your readers against stereotyping the pickpockets. I was targetted by a woman and two men. I was standing at lights, waiting to cross the road when I felt a slight pressure in the small of my back. I tensed and turned round in suspicion. The area was not crowded and the woman who had touched me looked apologetic as though she had just fallen against me.

I held back and followed her at a distance where she met up with two burly men to whom she described my reaction. They were obviously a team and I watched as they worked round the square, splitting up and regrouping. She felt for the wallets while, presumably, her colleagues did the business. I even saw one guy exercising his 'dipping' hand as he was walking.

These people were middle aged and respectable looking. She carried a carrier bag from an expensive store and one of the gang was carrying a camera to make him look like a tourist. Most of the time they walked apart or as a couple.

Trust nobody and keep your valuables in a place where to steal them would be sexual assault. I have also taken to carrying plastic cards that look like credit cards so that they think they have got something. They have never been stolen. Do they have x-ray eyes?

Barcelona is a wonderful city. Go there but be careful.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams