Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Fake "Policia"

Fake "Policia"

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Fake "Policia"

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Contributed by Sarah Sweet:

Not sure if you are still updating your site, but boy am I angry about this one - only two hours ago too! I read your site, and was totally prepared for avoiding most of this. So I thought!

I was on La Diagonal, walking down to a Gaudi exhibit. This guy came up to me & started asking me questions... a very dodgy looking guy. When I said I don´t speak Spanish, he asked me the time in English. When I said I don´t have a watch, he said he was trying to get to a certain street and was lost.

Said I couldn't help him, when these two guys in suits came up, saying "Policia", and pushed him against the wall. They asked both of us for identification - he gave his, and I showed them my drivers license... then he asked for my wallet, and leafed through it. I only carry cards in it, and watched him quickly fan through them. What I didn't see was him palm one of them. The harassed the other guy, asked me where my passport was, etc. and then kicked him away. They said to me that this is a bad area, that you can't trust people, and that the guy was a heroin dealer... not to be trusted. I actually said thanks...
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams