Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Be Careful Who You Sleep With in Barcelona

Be Careful Who You Sleep With in Barcelona

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Be Careful Who You Sleep With in Barcelona

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Contributed by <Name witheld>):

Most of the scams that you describe are really quite common and in fact child's play. I used to live in New Orleans, where all these things just become a part of the city, and especially during Mardi Gras. Now I'm a fan of scams, in fact, I think it to be a very specific art form, but what I saw in Barcelona really made my jaw drop. Here is a simplified account of things.

My last visit to the city was in September of 2001, I was there predominantly for vacation purposes, and being the social animal, I was staying in one of the many Youth Hostels around the Gothic Quarter. One fine early autumn evening, myself and a few Hostelmates decided to go for a drink at Placa Catalunya, at Cafe Zurich, im sure alot of people will know where that is. Now I'm a big spender and so are many of my friends. And this attitude tends to draw many eyes, and on occasion some women. As it happened a catalan woman with green eyes, who shall remain nameless, was invited to our table by my friend Joel. We drank, and Joel spoke to this lady, she really was quite gorgeous. Anyways... being exhausted, i retired to my double room, and Joel went with this woman to Tibidabo on her vespa, she got him intoxicated, then later went to his or should I say our, hostel, where the receptionist would not allow her to stay. They later went to another Hostel, where they proceeded in some sexual acts, Joel, came home home satisfied, but later discovered that he was lacking his wallet. Surely he had lost it, she would not have stolen it. But Joel couldn't stay for the weekend he needed to get back to Paris, there was a shoot he was doing, so futy called and Joel departed.

Now as hostels are, you meet people, and the same day that Joel left for Paris, I met a young american man, by the name of Greg, who turned out had the same affinity for spending money as both Joel and I. Well as the pre-bars go, we went back to Cafe Zurich, and who was there, why my dear woman, who had enjoyed Joel's company so much, she had asked about his well being, and I informed her that the poor sap had lost his wallet, she seemed truly empathetic. As it turned out, my new found american friend Greg would wind up receiving a very similar fate to that of Joel's, with the difference being the hostel in which this harlot worked her magic. But Greg as joyful as ever, and particularly so to the fat that he had gotten laid, didn't really care much that he had "lost" his wallet. Nor did I tell him he was scammed.

I later wound up seeing this woman, who met my eyes, and in the same innocent tone as ever, felt quite empathetic that poor American Greg had lost his wallet as well. She asked me if I had seen Tibidabo, and I replied that I had, as she got up to leave, I told her to be careful. Her last words were, I always am, and she smiled.

After returning to Rome, and reestablishing myself in the everyday monotony of work, I told a colleague of mine about these incidents, and to my surprise he informed me over a pesto plate that Gian Luca another one of our co-workers had fallen victim to this scam as well, all with the same woman.

Quite amusing really.

Now all accounts here are true, the woman is approx 5'7 or 170 cm she has green eyes and a round face, drives a dark "vespa" and is quite attractive. Possibly in mid to late 20's. She speaks fairly good english, and seems educated. And is usually waiting for her friend to arrive. Last I saw her he had brownish/blonde hair.

Do take notice of who you chose to sleep with in Barcelona, you may get more then just a good lay and a stolen wallet if you know what I mean.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams