Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Scammed at the Airport

Scammed at the Airport

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Scammed at the Airport

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Contributed by John Scholey:

Having looked at your site the night before we went I thought I was prepared. Credit cards would be in shirt pocket underneath pullover and wallet with just enough money in front jeans pocket.

Unforutnately my plans started from the hotel and I was scammed at the airport. Coming through the exit door of Terminal A there was a young man stood in my way as I pushed the luggage trolley. He ungraciously moved out of my way but then a women walked past me shouting at me and hiting me on the shoulder as she walked past. I looked over my shoulded to see her disappearing into the terminal still shouting at me. When I turned round again my black bum bag had disappeared from the basket of the luggage trolley. I immediately went back into the terminal but of course they had disappeared into the crowd. Fortunately I had already removed my credit cards, cash and passport so all they got was my compact camera and house keys.That was bad enough but it could have been a whole lot worse. I think the moral is you need to be on your guard the minute you land and not just when walking the Ramblas or the Gothic Quarter.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams