Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Watch Out When You Use the Phones

Watch Out When You Use the Phones

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Watch Out When You Use the Phones

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Contributed by Neri Garcia:

Beware of your surroundings and protect yourself and your belongings especially while on a public phone. I've witnessed and I've had it happen to me one time while calling home on a phone on La Rambla. A group of teenage boys huddle around you and come up to you all playful and festive as if they're celebrating something but all the while one of them is feeling up your pockets to try and get something from you. Luckily I had nothing on me of any value but I'm sure there were others who may have had something snatched from them. With all the people walking down and partying during the night it's hard to notice a site like that as being unusual. But it's what it happening within that huddle that is not right. People just see a group of guys jumping and celebrating and they are shielding you from being seen. Can be a dangerous situation since they try to out number you. They don't hang around you long though. They try to get something and move on as not to be too suspicious. Keep your back to the phone and watch what comes your way.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams