Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Ripped Off by Madrid Cabbies

Ripped Off by Madrid Cabbies

Scammed somewhere else in Spain? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Ripped Off by Madrid Cabbies

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Contributed by John Lange:

I haven't seen any mention of this particular scam that happened in Madrid, perhaps it was just a crime of opportunity. I was with a group a people who flew into the airport at Madrid. Since only one man in the group spoke much Spanish, he approached a taxi driver and told him we would need enough cabs for everyone, and negotiated a price. We all piled into the different cabs, there were five I believe. When we got to the hotel, our leader gave our money to the taxi driver he had originally talked to, intending for him to distribute equally among the drivers. Of course, he promptly hopped in his cab with the money and drove away, and we were faced with four other angry cab drivers demanding their money, so we had to pay twice. Of course, I'm sure that was probably an act for our benefit, they probably knew the first driver well and split up everything. Not a good start to our vacation, beware, travelers!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Scams in the rest of Spain