Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Similar Scams in Boston

Similar Scams in Boston

Wherever you are, wherever it happened, share your scam story here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Similar Scams in Boston

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Contributed by Zahra on 29 August 2005:

I just wanted to say what a great page you have. I stumbled onto your street scams of Barcelona page while looking for safety information while travelling. I'm about to leave for a backpacking trip in the UK, and while I'm not going to Barcelona, I certainly am going to be much better prepared and more observant now! I was really surprised, too, at how many of the scams on the page I have seen in US cities. Scamming, it seems, really is universal. I live in Boston, and probably the most common one is the scam where some woman tries to give you flowers or something, while trying to rob you (in fact, I've seen that one at least a dozen times in different parts of the city). There's also a theft situation I've seen that happens here in Boston that's very similar to some of the other stories on your page, where someone (usually a male in really raggedy clothing and unshaven), will stand in the entrance of a store or food place and open the door for people. He'll then try and get them to tip him, and harrass them on the way out, often blocking their way and/or feeling their pockets. Best thing to do in any city, I think, when presented with a situation like this is just be rude and push past them, keeping a tight handle on all bags. Many of the scams can be avoided with common sense and some beforehand precautions. Anyway, thanks for making such a great page; I'm sure that my own trip will be a lot better because of what I learned from it. :)
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to World Wide Scams