Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Apartment Scammer Europe-wide

Apartment Scammer Europe-wide

Wherever you are, wherever it happened, share your scam story here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Apartment Scammer Europe-wide

Postby KOVAKS on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:12 am

Contributed by Cris LaPierre on 18 April 2006:

noticed your site had info on Carol Brett and the apartment scam he/she is running (see scam 121). They had me going for a while, but luckily I called the bluff.

I have an internship in Germany this summer, and have been looking for a place to stay. In desperation, I posted a want add in Craig's List. The next day a get a rather generic email from carolbrett222@yahoo.com. Looking back at it, it's quite obvious this is created from some web crawler program that gleans info from the online site. The fun doesn't start until you reply. Anyway, I reply and receive a great deal, place, etc. However, it seemed just a little too perfect, and the story didn't feel right (who tours the western coast of africa for a full year?). I did a quick search for the street, and it didn't exist.

I did reply, asking for contact info to send to Siemens to have them go through the approval process (made that up, but figured they'd run if it was a scam), and asked for the exact address and contact info so I could have some friends in the city check the place out. As you might have guessed, I haven't received a reply since. I decided to do a quick search on the email address, and found your site. Luckily I wasn't taken, but someone very easily could be. I'm sending this so you can post the text, and perhaps even the pictures so others don't get caught.

Run from any email from carolbret222@yahoo.com or frank_castle001@yahoo.co.uk. This is a scam running in Madrid, Barcelon, Paris, and apparantly now Germany.

(Pics of the "apartment" below, Larry)

brett-apartment6.jpg
brett-apartment6.jpg (44.85 KiB) Viewed 2431 times

brett-apartment5.jpg
brett-apartment5.jpg (40.64 KiB) Viewed 2175 times

brett-apartment4.jpg
brett-apartment4.jpg (85.31 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

brett-apartment3.jpg
brett-apartment3.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 2082 times

brett-apartment2.jpg
brett-apartment2.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

brett-apartment1.jpg