Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Bashed with a stone

Bashed with a stone

Drinks, dives, swanky joints, dames & all the finer things around Barcelona.

Moderator: UnHab

Bashed with a stone

Postby UnHab on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:39 am

This true story of senseless violence was forwarded to my email last October (I've taken out the email signature, but the rest is quoted). I was debating whether to put it in the crime section, but this is just random senseless violence:

Hi everybody.
Last weekend, my band experienced traumatic senseless violence in the
streets of Barcelona.. here is what happened,
Aleph;
After playing an acoustic gig with our friend Paula O'Rourke from the
Animals (Eric Burdon) at "La Serilla", we were bringing our
instruments home and went for one last beer.... We passed by the plaza
George Orwell, known as plaza del tripi, but it was too full of
people. So we decided to go to plaza la veronica in front of the
school of arts... We stopped to buy a can of beer and we started to
talk about the gig and other stuff... Then suddenly a guy came and
grabbed my hat off my head and put it on his. He looked me in the eyes
expecting a response. My friend's thought for a moment that maybe I
knew him. I said, " who the hell are you? " - he said " I'm what I
want "- so I took my hat back from his head, and in that moment he
slammed his head into my nose! I went numb for a few seconds, I was
completely surprised, I did try to defend myself, but he took my arm
and we started to wrestle... At that moment our drummer, mato vilar,
came to help me, and tried to separate us. Then out jumped another
man who had been hiding in the doorway... He shouted to our woman
friend to get out of the way and she thought he was coming to help us.
" But in that moment she saw he had two stones, one in each hand,
stones bigger than his own hands!!!! He bashed the stones two times
into the head of mato!!!!!! 2 times!!!!!! And with stones!!!!!!!!!! It
was clear they had been waiting, one armed with stones while the other
provoked people passing by to start a fight and we just happened to be
the ones walking by. Hearing our screams our friend who had just left
us ran back and pulled the assaulters off and it was then we realized
how badly hurt mato was. He had severe head wounds that were bleeding
a tremendous amount of blood. He was numb and confused... He looked
like he was dying, meanwhile the attackers laughed at us! He would
have died if the police didn't arrive and call an ambulance so
quickly.
This was a completely unprovoked attack against innocent people.
They attempted to kill someone for no reason we can understand. By
some miracle mato will be o.k. But he could have easily been killed or
blinded permanently.
All this happened without any sense!!!!
We however will still play our gig on October 30 jueves, hoping that
mato will be well enough. We also want to make a statement against
senseless violence and hate crimes.
SILENCE THE VIOLENCE NOT THE MUSIC!
UnHab

Re: Bashed with a stone

Postby ricky_ricardo on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

Super messed up! That's so random too. I've been to Barcelona two times, and neither time did I get robbed or hurt. I did see a lot of scammers though. I never fell for them, but some people in my tour group did.
ricky_ricardo

Re: Bashed with a stone

Postby yellowrain87 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:36 am

I've never been to Barcelona but I saw a violent scene on a street in Moscow.
yellowrain87

Return to Kovaks Lifestyle