Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - The Tire Pinch, with a Happy Ending

The Tire Pinch, with a Happy Ending

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

The Tire Pinch, with a Happy Ending

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Contributed by Thomas Cole on 22 August 2005:

Here's a scam that I haven't found listed. My wife and I had been touring Spain in a rental car from Bilboa to San Sebastion to Aigua Blava and finally made it into Barcelona. We were driving to the old part of Barcelona in horrific traffic. While waiting for the traffic to move, someone on the sidewalk tapped on the window and pointed to what I thought was where the gas cap was located. I had just filled up the car earlier and thought that maybe I had forgotten to put the gas cap back on, so luckily I ignored him. Well, when the traffic started to move, I realized that the back right rear tire was flat, but I couldn't stop moving because of the traffic, so I rode on the rim until I found a parking garage.

I pulled in and saw that the back tire had been punctured with a knife and realized that the person tapping on the window was just waiting for me to get out of the car so that he or one of his accomplices could try to pilfer whatever we had in the car. To make a long story short, one of the attendants in the parking garage had lived in California for a year and spoke very good english. She got another attendant to change the tire and called a cab that we followed to a garage where the flat tire was replaced.

We immediately left that town. The only bad experience we had the whole two weeks we were in Spain - el paiz tiene mi corazon.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams