Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - A "Tourist in Trouble" with a Bad Attitude

A "Tourist in Trouble" with a Bad Attitude

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

A "Tourist in Trouble" with a Bad Attitude

Postby KOVAKS on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:47 am

Contributed by Cheryl Rhodes on August 15, 2006:

This is in reply to Steve (130.) I would like to tell everyone to politely say no to the man in the metro who says hes missed his flight home from Girona and walk away quickly from him.

I have lived in BCN for over a year and often passed through Catalunya metro station. This con-artist is always there, looking out for British tourists. The first time he spoke to my father and I, he said he was from Livingston near Edinburgh. He does sound very convincing, however, he is VIOLENT.

After having spent 3 months studying there, a few friends of mine and myself were taking the metro home when we were approached by him. We politely listened to his story then told him that it was strange because hed told us the exact same story 2weeks previously. At that, he quickly walked away.

About a month later, my friends n I were at the same metro station and were buying tickets when we saw him try and con 3other British tourists. We signalled over to them that it was a con n to leave but he saw us. He came over and punched and kicked 2 friends of mine, shouting for us to leave and that this was his only way of making money.

I suggest he gets a job like everybody else in the world!

I worked during my time in BCN and often warned tourists about the scams. Particularly in the Easy Internet Café on the Rambla. KEEP YOUR BAG ON YOUR LAP AT ALL TIMES WITH YOUR HAND ON IT!

After a year and a half in BCN, I was never pickpocketed and ha

Cheryl d 1 attempted which I stopped.

Cheryl
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams