Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - Drop "Something" on the Escalator Scam

Drop "Something" on the Escalator Scam

Scammed in Barcelona? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

Drop "Something" on the Escalator Scam

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:04 pm

Contributed by Steve Vernon:

Now to my Barcelona experience. By the way, I love Barcelona. I first visited there in 1962 and 1963 but I was unable to return again for 30 years. It was much quieter in the 60's! I have visited three times in the last three years! My most recent visit was last July.

My wife and I were going to dinner at Planet Hollywood. On the way, I stopped at a pharmacy and bought a package of aspirins which I stuffed into my back pocket. We took the subway to the station nearest Planet Hollywood and the beach. We walked through the passages. There were lots of people around and there was a crowd going up the last escalator. Just at the top, the guy in front of me "dropped" his cigarettes on the moving stairs and he then bent over to pick them up. I, of course, came up behind him and the crush of other people was behind me. The guy had a great deal of trouble fumbling to pick up the package. When I moved to go around him he moved to block me. The light went on and I knew something was up. I now pushed him (hard!) out of the way and he stood up and immediately turned and went back down the regular stairs while I turned the other direction taking the final stairs to go out. I put my hand to my back pocket and my package of aspirins was gone! I had to laugh because I did not feel a thing and they (he had to have help) now likely had a headache anyway because they did not get the wallet (the bulge) they thought was there!
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Barcelona Scams