Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/53/2133753/html/kovakspi/phpbb/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Kovaks Street Scam Forums • View topic - The Tire Pinch "Madrilena" Style

The Tire Pinch "Madrilena" Style

Scammed somewhere else in Spain? Share your stories here.

Moderators: UnHab, terrycojones, lenox

The Tire Pinch "Madrilena" Style

Postby KOVAKS on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Contributed by Graciela Cattarossi:

I wish to take you for putting up those "universal " scams it helps to know your "enemy".

We travel every year to Europe and have been robbed only once in Madrid. To make a long story short so it can help others,here it is how it happened:

Our rented 5 doors car with French plates , was parked in a parking lot. When we left the parking lot we rode a few blocks along the Castellana, when we had flat tire. While changing the tire, someone came, and told us a lot of incoherent things ( we speak Spanish) , he checking what could be stolen, we asked him to leave, and he left.

Later he came and kind of push me, in order to catch my husband 's attention, in that very second another guy who we didn't see took whatever was in the car, not much thank you, but he got my husbands jacket and he could have gotten an elephant had we had one in the trunk of the car, ...the guy run, seeing him run I realized what was going on, ...too late!!! I saw him half a block down the street getting in a red car.
KOVAKS
Site Admin

Return to Scams in the rest of Spain